1. Latest FAQs
Can I furlough my employee if they have Covid-19 symptoms, have Covid-19 or are isolating?
Can my employee use public transport to come to work over the new lockdown period?
How do I ensure my house is a Covid safe environment?
How long will the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) stay open and will the process of furloughing remain the same?
How often should I claim for funding through the CJRS?
If my employee needs to shield, can they be furlouged?
Is my employee able to work in multiple households for multiple employers?
I want to furlough my employee and claim the new CJRS grant, what do I do?
My employee or I have tested positive for covid-19, what do we do?
The Government has announced ‘to work from home if you can’, can my employee still come to work?
What can you tell me about the one-off bonus of £1000 the Government have announced?
What happens if my employee is leaving but is currently furloughed?
What support is being provided and employer costs as part of the updated CJRS?
Who is eligible for the updated Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme?
If the employer travels abroad and must self-isolate when they return can they request that the employee (who hasn;t been abroad) moves in with them for the isolation period?
What happens if an employee accompanies their employer on holiday and then everyone is advised to self-isolate upon returning to the UK Can they self-isolate with the family and work?
What happens if an employee has travelled abroad and due to the Governments traffic light system, they have now been advised to isolate for 10 days upon their return?
What happens if an employer has travelled abroad and have now been advised to isolate for 10 days upon their return Will the employee be expected to work during the isolation period?
3. Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Furlough process
Can my employee come back part-time but still be part of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme?
How do I calculate what my employee’s salary would be whilst on furlough?
How do I start or end furlough for my employee?
I have a query about the furlough process, where can I find out more?
I want to re-furlough my employee, what do I need to do?
I’m topping up my employee’s salary to 100%, do I need to let you know that they’re furloughed?
I’ve received an email saying I need to change my employee from a net to a gross salary. How do I calculate the difference in pay?
The calculation on my employee’s payslip is different to what the HMRC calculator is telling me. Which one should I base my claim off?
What if I’m already topping up my employee salary to 100%?
Who processes the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme application?
How is redundancy pay calculated?
Is my employee entitled to redundancy pay?
I’m thinking of making my employee redundant, will the CJRS funding cover the redundancy pay?
What happens if I cannot afford to make any contributions to my employee’s salary or bring them back part-time as part of the flexible furlough?
What redundancy pay is my furloughed employee entitled to?
5. General SSP and Coronavirus SSP Rebate Scheme queries
1. What is the Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme and when does it start and end?
2. Who can use the new SSP scheme?
3. How do I claim Statutory Sick Pay through the Rebate Scheme?
4. Is long term sickness covered under the Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme?
5. What are the periods I can claim Statutory Sick Pay for under the new SSP Rebate Scheme?
6. What is the weekly rate of Statutory Sick Pay under the new SSP Rebate Scheme?
7. Does my employee have to supply a doctor's note to qualify for the Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme?
8. Do I need to keep any records of statutory sick pay?
9. How does sick pay (SSP) work with coronavirus?
10. What if my employee self isolates as a precaution?
11. Who is liable for sick pay (SSP)?
12. Can I reclaim Coronavirus sick pay (SSP) as a domestic employer?
13. What happens if my family and or I need to self-isolate?
14. Can I take on a new employee if my current employee is off sick, or self-isolating?
15. My employee is pregnant and is classed as vulnerable so is self-isolating. What are our options?
6. Other Coronavirus and Payroll queries
1. What happens if my family or I need to self-isolate?
2. Can I add a clause to my employee's contract, planning for another possible lockdown and furlough?
3. If my employee is self-isolating due to possible symptoms, can I enforce a test and see proof?
4. What if my employee self isolates as a precaution?
5. What can I do if I'm struggling to pay my tax liabilities?
6. Does an employee still accrue holiday whilst on furlough?
7. Can I take on a new employee if my current employee is off sick, or self-isolating?
8. What if my employee is on maternity leave?
9. I am an employee and I have some queries, how can I get in touch?
7. Furlough Portal
1. I can't log in to the furlough portal as I've forgotten my password.?
2. My employee isn’t showing up in the furlough portal what should I do?
3. I have ended my employee's furlough leave, but I am unable to submit this information via the portal as my employee is not listed, what should I do?
4. I have tried to make a furlough claim, but HMRC have informed me that I am not eligible as my account wasn’t set up in time, what can I do?